Swan - Walton on Thames
Nearest Public Transport - Walton on Thames Train Station
Situated on the bank of the River Thames in leafy Surrey, The Swan aims to offer the best drinking and dining experience to our wonderful customers. We are the perfect venue for all occasions, offering the biggest beer garden in the area, private garden huts with river views, and 2 separate terraces to soak up the sun. Our menus are seasonal and we also serve the best burgers in Surrey from our bespoke Burger Shack, coupled with one of our craft gins or a stunning pints of bitter it really is the place to be. We pride ourselves on our personal, friendly service and whether you are wanting to join the kitchen team or look after our customers face to face then there are plenty of opportunities for you as part of the Swan family. It could be the start of something beautiful!
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £27000 per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 45 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
Follow us @youngspubspeople on Instagram & Facebook!
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: SW229624WalSC