Wandsworth Town Station
The Waterfront is a lovely modern riverside pub in the heart of Battersea Reach. Located next to Wandsworth Bridge and overlooking the river Thames just a 5 minute walk from Wandsworth Town Station. We offer beautiful dining space as well as an expansive outdoor terrace, the perfect spot for a refreshing summer drink and bite to eat. We serve fresh, seasonal, British food sourced from around the South East of England and we are proud to serve a fantastic range of London brewed craft beers and London distilled spirits along with fine wines and classic cocktails. We pride ourselves on internal promotion and want to support and progress of our team member’s careers by providing excellent training and development. We have some amazing characters in our team who love their jobs; we can’t wait to see who will join our Waterfront family next.
Our offer to our new Head Chef
- Head Chefs get to have full autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £36000 per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be X per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Head Chef;
This role requires someone that can inspire a team, to bring out the potential and lead by example whilst being able to develop, cost and produce fresh seasonal menus for the variety of revenue streams within the business.
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food either as a Head Chef or in the position of Sous Chef.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team
- Be an active hands-on team player with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: W.221617WanHC