Red Barn – Blindley Heath
The Red Barn is a truly unique rustic country pub/restaurant, wedding venue. We have only 1 aim here, that is to delight our guests, hoping they return time after time & we should be ready to welcome them with a warm friendly Red Barn welcome! You will have a brand new kitchen at your disposal with a team ready to be inspired and engaged through your leadership. A GM with previous chef experience to work along side. A clear food vision to work towards where it becomes our culture Simple, Premium, Seasonal, Farm house, Local. And above all else have fun and embrace this while inspiring the team to delivering the vision.
Our offer to our new Head Chef
- Head Chefs get to have full autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £40,000 per annum with Tronc on top of salary
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 50 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Head Chef;
This role requires someone that can inspire a team, to bring out the potential and lead by example whilst being able to develop, cost and produce fresh seasonal menus for the variety of revenue streams within the business. This is a high volume site so experience of a busy environment is a must.
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food as a Head Chef
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a large team
- Someone who will live and breathe our food vision of simple, premium, seasonal,farm to barn, local where possible
- Be an active hands-on team player with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials which are special
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
Follow us @youngspubspeople on Instagram & Facebook!
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: TB204595BliHC