Weekend Sous Chef
County Arms – Wandsworth
Nearest public transport – Wandsworth Common
Overlooking Wandsworth Common since 1852, The County Arms is a welcoming blend of tradition with a twist of modern style. Whether relaxing in our garden in the summer, cosying up by the fire in the winter or enjoying British seasonal food in The Belvedere, we’re an ideal meeting place for family and friends all year round. We are looking for passionate people to join our diverse team offering great food with super drinks to locals and helping our events team excel our customer expectations
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef & Senior Sous Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £10.75 per annum
- Up to 28 days holiday per year (dependant on hours worked & holiday accrued)
- Average working hours will be 20 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
Follow us @youngspubspeople on Instagram & Facebook!
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: Weekend Sous