Assistant Manager Role
Nearest Train/Tube: Hammersmith/Ravenscourt Park
The Old Ship is nestled comfortably on the riverside between Hammersmith and Chiswick Bridges. With a spacious bar area, plenty of outdoor seating and an incredible function rooms, The Drawing Room, The Old Ship is a great place to pop in for lunch after a stroll by the river, throw a birthday party or host a large function. Providing unparalleled views of this beautiful part of the Thames, The Old Ship serves as the best possible venue to view the Oxford vs Cambridge boat race. This role is to join us as a DGM reporting into the senior DGM, so experience within this sector is required.
What We Offer Our Deputy Managers:
- Access to our Career Pathway and training and development courses
- £24-25k per annum + over time & tips
- 28 days holiday per year
- Flexible working hours
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Share Save Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
What we look for in an Assistant Manager:
Youngs & Old Ship pride ourselves on the following:
- Respect for our Colleagues and Customers alike
- Delighting our customers and being passionate about quality
- Valuing entrepreneurial flair, ideas and individuality
- Showing loyalty to customers and employees through our commitment to quality
- Pride In our individuality – we do not follow trends – we create them
The role is to work with, assist and to deputise for the General Managers in their absence, reporting into the DGM.
The most important thing to realise is there is never a dull day at Old Ship !
Your role on a day to day basis could include
• Effective management of the whole business on a shift
• Understanding of ways of working in the kitchen
•.Cover for GM days off/ holidays
• Senior level customer and team personal interaction
• Coaching – training and developing the team
• Managing specific tasks with measurable objectives –
• Health and Safety
• Liquor and Food Stocks
• Payroll and labour scheduling
• Recruitment, team training, and people management
• Marketing, web site and social media
• Managing marketing events and bookings
You will work an average of 48 hours a week, with a variety of shifts which can include Lates, Earlies & of course Weekends.
The most important aspect of this role is realising the real potential for development and progression in your career. Youngs are committed to recruiting new GM's from within the business as much as is possible. The right candidates could easily be looking at managing their own Youngs Pub or Hotel within as little 24 - 36 months of joining us.
We are looking for a motivated & experienced Assistant Manager to join and lead our team in our stylish, food & event focused pub. As the successful Assistant Manager you will have a genuine passion for exceptional customer service and a pro-active approach to team management. You will be enthusiastic & driven to continue the success of our pub and play a pivotal part in training our team to ensure they have the knowledge needed to delight our customers. You will also be someone who is committed to their career in hospitality and we can offer ongoing development to support you as you grow and succeed with us.
Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs. If you’d like to be part of our team, then apply now!
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: AGMOSH10012020