Nearest Train - Mortlake
Once a coaching inn, our handsome pub has served the East Sheen community since 1776. With panelled walls, a wood burning fire and candle lit corners you’ll find cosy nooks and crannies to hide away in during the winter and in the summer enjoy dining alfresco in our famously large and beautiful garden. Our menu combines creative seasonal dishes with the more traditional pub favourites, all made using the best British ingredients. On our bar you’ll find a good selection of perfectly kept cask ales and an extensive wine list. We offer full table service throughout our pub, garden & restaurant and we are well known for our friendly welcome from all the team. Our pub moto is ‘Come as our guests and leave as our friends’ which perfectly describes our relationship with our customers. Our nearest tube station is Richmond or Mortlake station from the over ground.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £26,00 per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 48 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
- Share of cash and card tips
- Live in avalible for the right person.
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: HH165176EasSC