The Candlemaker. Cannon street station
Closed on SUNDAYS!
Welcome to the Candlemaker! Situated in the city - right opposite Cannon Street Station - we are looking for fun & friendly team member to join us in our aim to be the best pub in the area! Our offer extends from craft beers & cocktails to fresh, seasonal & modern British dishes, specifically our signature steaks. You will need to be passionate in making the customer’s experience with us unforgettable, be willing to work hard and have loads of fun while doing it.
What we offer our Sous Chef
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own specials.
- Up to £11.50 per hour
- Sundays off, X-mas day and bank holidays off
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 40-45 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: CM163573CanSC