The Plough Bar and Kitchen
The Plough has contemporary feel, inspired by the american east coast its fun, up beat and a firm favourite with the Clapham crowd. It's a unique pub under the Youngs umbrella, a true craft kitchen, with a craft beer selection second to none. Our food is an American British fusion designed to be social and fun with its famed dishes such as Beer Can Chicken and the Boston Burger. Famous for small tasting plates with exciting individual twist. Our food offer reflects our emphasis on high quality seasonal British food, with an american twist locally sourced and prepared in-house and our Head Chef and team have the autonomy to deliver their own individual dishes according to the needs and wants of our customers.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £27,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be X per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: PC139975ClaSC