Chef de Partie
looking for a chef to joiin our team.
fulltime average 40 hours week
must be able to work in a very busy environment
The Double Locks is an iconic, traditional pub, set on the Exeter canal with the largest beer garden you will ever see. We are only 20 minutes’ walk from the city centre, other modes of transport our customers take are cycling, canoeing, rowing or skating. We are a very seasonal pub with a packed 1000 seater garden in the Summer with outside bars and BBQs, to log fires and snug areas in the winter. When we do things we do them to the extreme, massive fireworks events, student festivals, cider festivals, open air cinema and dog shows as well as 20 plus weddings a year. We have a large, diverse team of people with the core working here for several years who are dedicated to providing that unique atmosphere and service at the famous Double Locks.
Our offer to a Chef de Partie
- Up to £10 per hour
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours X hours
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Chef de Partie;
We are looking for an existing Chef de Partie or an excellent Commis Chef looking for their next step, who considers themselves to have a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Chef de Partie you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion to deliver fantastic food every time
- Be an active hands-on Chef de Partie/Kitchen Supervisor
- You will show willingness to learn new skills, be an active team player with excellent communication skills
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: DL129082ExeCDPOSCC