The Curtains Up
The Curtains Up is a pub at the very heart of the local community, located a stones-throw from either Barons Court (Night Tube) or West Kensington station. We are a fun, friendly and enthusiastic team that reflects our eclectic mix of patrons. We have a large bar and floor space, with a beautifully decorated and cosy dining room, allowing us to deliver a top dining experience. We are also home to the Barons Court Theatre, with productions showing almost every night, bringing with it a raft of different people every day so that no two shifts are the same. Come and be a part of the best pub in Barons Court.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £25k per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 40+ per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: TU128866LonSC