Come and work at one of exeters iconic places. Crazy busy in the summer and relaxed in the winter.
Looking for a strong chef who is willing to work hard but get the reward and recognition for doing it.
Joining a great team but must be flexible, willing to work in a team and take the lead when required.
This is one of the busiest summer kitchens in the southwest.
The Double Locks is an iconic, traditional pub, set on the Exeter canal with the largest beer garden you will ever see. We are only 20 minutes’ walk from the city centre, other modes of transport our customers take are cycling, canoeing, rowing or skating. We are a very seasonal pub with a packed 1000 seater garden in the Summer with outside bars and BBQs, to log fires and snug areas in the winter. When we do things we do them to the extreme, massive fireworks events, student festivals, cider festivals, open air cinema and dog shows as well as 20 plus weddings a year. We have a large, diverse team of people with the core working here for several years who are dedicated to providing that unique atmosphere and service at the famous Double Locks.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be X per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: DL123269ExeSC