The Castle, Islington
Tube: Angel / King Cross
A gorgeous in the heart of Angel & Islington. You are spoilt for choice at The Castle with the pub spanning over two floors and a beautiful terrace overlooking the City. The Chefs offer a tasty selection of British seasonal, homemade dishes available from brunch to Sunday lunch. There’s so much choice at the bar from real ales, craft beers and spirits to a vast wine list. A great local where that personal touch in service makes us stand out from the rest. Be part of an amazing team that have fun at work whilst making every bodies visit that extra special.
What we offer our Head Chefs;
- Alongside your General Manager – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £34,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 48 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
-Bonus & Tips
What we look for in a Head Chef;
We are looking for an existing Head Chef or Senior Sous looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your GM you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: J.123178IslHC