Greenwich train station
Located on the historic Royal Hill and just a stone's throw away from the centre of Greenwich, The Richard 1st is a pub that's been at the heart of the local community since 1923. We love welcoming neighbours and tourists alike to enjoy delicious food, great drinks, a wonderful atmosphere and friendly service. To the rear of the pub you'll find our stunning conservatory, a relaxing drinking and dining space showered in natural light throughout the day. Beyond that you'll find our beautiful garden, the perfect place to relax and unwind throughout the summer months. We specialise in Young's award winning ales, craft beers, premium spirits and tasty bar snacks, as well as delicious seasonal British food! We look forward to welcoming you soon.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £10.50 per hour plus tips
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 48 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: RF117832GreSC