Dunstan House Inn is a beautiful pub with six guest bedrooms in the coastal Somerset town of Burnham on Sea. We serve fresh, seasonal, british food all day & are popular for family celebrations and gatherings. We are at the heart of the community with a team who know our customers well. Our large garden is busy all summer and log fires inside make it cosy all winter. We offer competitive pay structure and plenty of opportunities to progress. We pride ourselves on internal promotion and want to support and progress our team members careers by providing extensive training and development. We are a fun, fast paced and exciting place to work, with a friendly team who love what they do.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £10.50 per hour / £24,500 per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be X per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: DI112933BurSC