2 Northcote Rd
Nearest train: Clapham Junction Station
The Northcote is a dynamic busy pub a stone’s throw from Clapham Junction station. Situated in the heart of Battersea, on the corner of very trendy Northcote road. We serve up delicious pints and cocktails to the locals and the after work fun continues late into the night. Our focus moves to rugby and roasts on the weekend with a pub quiz finishing it off on Sunday nights. If you think you have what it takes to work in a fun busy pub, and maybe a career in Youngs, then come talk to us in the best living room in Battersea, the Northcote pub.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £12 per hour
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 45 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: TC111889BatSC