The Duke’s Head Hotel is a flagship Young’s site situated in Wallington. We are a busy 23 bedroom hotel with an adjoining bar, restaurant and function room. We are located 20 minutes from central London by train and are walking distance from Wallington station and on bus routes 407, X26 and others. The Duke’s Head is a fun pub with a very pleasant atmosphere and a range of customers including young professionals, local families and our loyal regulars. We open at 7am for breakfast and serve through until midnight on weekends. With a planned refurbishment fast approaching we are adding to our offer as the best pub in Wallington! Our team have pride in their work, respect for one another and have fun in what they do. We are dedicated to high service standards and have a strong team in place already but are looking for an extra, talented individual to join our team.
If you thing you can bring extra character, skill and knowledge to our team then please APPLY NOW!
We here at The Duke’s Head Hotel are looking for a hard-working kitchen porter to join our team. You must have a high level of personal cleanliness and understand how to comply with Food Health and Safety. We need someone who can work well in a team as well as an individual to create exceptional standards of cleanliness and organisation in the kitchen. If you have the ability to stay calm under pressure while working on busy shifts then this position may be right for you!
Experience is preferred but not required as we offer excellent training and personal development. Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is a must.
- To assists the chefs with any work they need completing
- To clean all necessary equipment needed in the kitchen
- To complete daily cleaning tasks and weekly deep cleaning tasks
- Assisting our head chef with service, managing food purchasing and stock handling
- Maintaining standards at all times and delivering perfect health and safety
- To work well as part of a team
- To develop as an individual and to display a positive attitude towards work
- £7.20 - £7.75 per hour plus service charge
- 28 days holiday per year
- 20% discount on drinks, food and hotel rooms in all Young’s and Geronimo pubs
- Option to develop and train within an award winning company to further your career
- Chance to work in a great team
- Option to train closely with other chefs to further your career
- < Back to search
Job Ref: DH111537WalKP