Sous Chef - Due to an unsuccessful candidate we are re-recruiting for this role.
The Angel & Greyhound, Oxford
The Angel & Greyhound is a beautiful and charming public house just 10 minutes’ walk from Oxford city centre, we're popular with locals, students, diners and real ale enthusiasts alike. We are both child and dog friendly, with the river and meadow situated directly behind the pub it is the perfect location for those sunny afternoons in our two lovely patio gardens and our heated glass gazebo for those all too frequent English showers. We offer award winning ales, fine wines, great British food and not to mention a fantastic range of spirits.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £10.50 per hour
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 40 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: AG130060OxfSCC