<98 Bermondsey Street, SE1 3UB>
<Nearest train/tube station: London Bridge>
The Woolpack is a gem of a pub, with the coolest garden around, and situated in the heart of Bermondsey street, a stones throw away from London Bridge. We have a great craft beer selection as well as a garden to boast about, and are famous for our epic Woolpack burger. Join the best team South of the River!
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your General Manager – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £10 per hour
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 45 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your General Manager you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: Sous Chef Position