Sous Chef / Head Chef (first appointment)
The Bunch of Grapes, London Bridge
Right next to London Bridge Station, The Bunch of Grapes is a popular spot for a drink after work or while waiting for your train! With the bustling Borough Market on the doorstep and The Shard a stones throw away, our location is hard to beat! We're looking for a Sous Chef who feels like they're ready to take their first step towards becoming a Head Chef. While we are a busy pub with high liquor sales, we're after a creative and inspirational Chef who wants to put their own stamp on our food offer - with ingredients that are all fresh & seasonal, you'll have autonomy to try new things and understand what people want! In return, we'll support your development to make sure you grow into an accomplished Head Chef.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £32,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 48 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: AD164229LonSC