White bear youngs pub,138 kennington road,se11 4dj
Nearest tube station is kennington and oval.
Steeped in history, the White Bear theatre pub has been on this site since c.1780 serving great beer and ales. After an impressive refurbishment in 2016, the White Bear’s interior is a stunning example of traditional pub meets modern design with an eclectic collection of artwork and bric-a-brac. On the original wooden bar is a fantastic selection of craft beer, ales and lagers as well as an extensive wine list and collection of spirits and Whisk(e)y. When the sun shines, enjoy your favourite tipple in the beer garden which is also home to three bee hives!
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £10 to 10.5 per hour
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 45 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: WB87391LonSC