The Bear- Esher
Nearest public transport - Esher Train Station
The Bear, Esher is a vibrant and busy iconic local pub set in the heart of Esher. We benefit from having seven classic bedrooms, which offer comfortable and relaxing accommodation. We cater for corporate and leisure clients, and are a family friendly establishment which offers something for everyone. We have a large and attractive garden for those long summer days and a cosy pub for the dark winter nights, along with a beautiful dining room which offers our freshly prepared seasonal dishes. Within walking distance of the famous Sandown Park racecourse and a short distance from Hampton Court Palace, we have a lot to offer. If you have a passion for hospitality then we'd love to talk to you.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £22500 per annum/ Live In
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 48 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
Follow us @youngspubspeople on Instagram & Facebook!
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: BE225273EshJSC