Foley - Claygate
Nearest public transport – Claygate Train Station
They say it takes a village, never has that been more true than at The Foley as we are a family. Situated in the heart of leafy, suburban Claygate village, our great regular clientele can always be found in our Saloon Bar while a mix and match of families, couples and groups of friends can be found all over our beautiful venue. With a 17 boutique room hotel, a restaurant that seats 80, 2 bar areas, an outdoor patio and a secret gin garden there is something for everyone. Our village people enjoy staff meals when working and sales competitions to make things fun and interesting, with our strong liquor selection and our Head Chef Tamas serving seasonal and fresh food, it sells itself. Being inexperienced is welcome, as we all have to start somewhere, so bring a positive attitude along and we will train you the village way.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £X per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be X per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
Follow us @youngspubspeople on Instagram & Facebook!
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: TF189364ClaSC