Blue Boar - Chipping Norton
The Blue Boar is a beautiful traditional pub. A listed building that dates back to 1641, this old coach house is located right at the end of the high street in Chipping Norton. A real local pub with a fantastic British seasonal menu. The bar offers a wide selection of lagers, real ales and an extensive wine list accompanying the food perfectly. It is a homely space with a wood burner perfect for cold days and cosy evenings. Original wooden beams line the pub lacing it with character and giving it that warm country feel. We are a small lively team that know how to have fun when at work.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £26k per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 45/50 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: BB175410ChiSC