Horts Broad St. Bristol
Do You Love your Food? Are you Passionate about Drink? Are you able to give great service with a smile and the personal touch no matter how busy it is? Then Horts is the place for you to be working. We are located in Historic Broad Street just a stone throw away from the city centre. We offer a great selection of 6 cask ales, fresh home cooked food and a wine list and craft lagers to suit all tastes. We are looking for hard working, committed and enthusiastic individuals that could become part of our close knit team. Full training is given to enable you to reach your full potential and develop your skills no matter if you are just looking for part time work or a career in the Young’s pub chain. Don’t miss your chance to become part of the Horts family.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £10 per hour
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 20 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: H.143272BriSC