Lamb Tavern – London
Nearest public transport – Bank, Monument
We are a busy and popular city pub set within the beautiful and historic Leadenhall Market. Mark, our General Manager, is looking for new and energetic team members to join our family at The Lamb! Our supportive, stable and friendly team is the perfect environment to begin a journey in hospitality or to build on your existing experience. We offer flexible working patterns are we are in a central location with excellent transport links from Liverpool Street, Bank and Monument stations. Our core trade runs Monday to Friday so you will enjoy most of your weekends off. We also cater for weddings at the weekend - a great experience if you are looking for a job in a traditional pub with something a little bit different!
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £30,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 48 per week - this can be split across 4 shifts if you prefer
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Sous Chef or Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
Follow us @youngspubspeople on Instagram & Facebook!
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: LT204383LonSC