Dog and Fox - Wimbledon Village
The Dog & Fox is an iconic pub and hotel in the heart of Wimbledon Village. We are an established events venue, pub & restaurant serving a premium collection of draught & craft beers, local London spirits and fine wines. We offer the best in seasonal, fresh, British produce for our menu and have 28 exquisite bedrooms above in our boutique hotel. Just a 10 minute walk from Wimbledon train station and on several bus routes we are easy to reach and busy all year long. With Wimbledon Tennis Championships in the summer and Christmas functions throughout the winter there is never a boring moment at the Dog & Fox Hotel!
What We Offer Our Sales Managers:
- A fun and rewarding working environment and excellent career progression opportunities
- Access to our Career Pathway and training and development courses
- Up to £24,000 per annum basic salary
- Commission package worth up to an additional £20,000 per annum (2% commission on all bookings over £5,000)
- 28 days holiday per year
- Flexible working hours
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Share Save Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
What we look for in a Sales Manager:
We are looking for a self-motivated and experienced Sales Manager, with at least 2 years experience in hospitality sales, to join our team in our stylish, newly refurbished pub, event space and hotel. This is a huge opportunity to make your mark within this new business. You will be supported by the direct team and an Area Sales and Marketing Coordinator.
As the successful Sales Manager you will need to be driven and have a pro-active approach to driving sales for corporates, large events and weddings. The right candidate will also need to have an understanding of digital marketing and social media content to help drive sales. The right candidate will need to be creative, think outside the box when networking and creating contacts in this current landscape. This is a fantastic opportunity for a hungry sales driver looking for a new challenge and who can work across many concepts within the business.
- To generate private hire and event sales through proactively selling the private hire opportunities (in person) - building up client relationships in the community.
- Upselling on food, drink, business and party packages.
- Proactivity seeking new sales opportunities and sales driving ideas.
- Ensuring prompt and professional responses in a consistent manner (time efficiency and negotiation) to all booking and event enquiries and convert, where possible, enquiries into firm bookings.
- Understand the means of the business as it is and with the potential development.
- Understand customer needs (occasion, budgets, expectations, confidence, trust).
- To meet potential parties and instigate/ conduct show rounds to sell packages / tastings etc.
- To conduct market research and digital research to stay competitive in the industry.
- Producing event sheets and conducting team briefings.
- Attending networking events, raising the profile of the venue within the local community.
You will also be someone who is committed to their career in hospitality and we can offer ongoing development to support you as you grow and succeed with us. Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs. If you’d like to be part of our team, then apply now!
Follow us @youngspubspeople on Instagram & Facebook!
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: DF234327WimSM