Hand and Spear - Weybridge
Nearest public transport – Weybridge Train Station
The Hand and Spear is set in the heart of Weybridge and conveniently next to the mainline train station, with private parking. We are a favourite with the locals. Open all day every day offering everything from a pint of real ale to craft cocktails, a relaxing brunch to a three course dinner. Food features heavily here and we only source the best produce for our seasonal British menu. Furthermore, we have 12 individually designed boutique bedrooms. We offer competitive pay structure and plenty of opportunities to progress. We pride ourselves on internal promotion and want to support and progress our team members careers by providing extensive training and development. We are a fun, fast paced and exciting place to work, with a friendly team who love what they do.
Our offer to our new Head Chef
- Head Chefs get to have full autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £X per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be X per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Head Chef;
This role requires someone that can inspire a team, to bring out the potential and lead by example whilst being able to develop, cost and produce fresh seasonal menus for the variety of revenue streams within the business.
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food either as a Head Chef or in the position of Sous Chef.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team
- Be an active hands-on team player with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
Follow us @youngspubspeople on Instagram & Facebook!
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: HS220661WeyHC