White Hart, Hants– Sherfield on Loddon
The White Hart in Sherfield has just undergone a large refurbishment and is currently searching for a strong Chef who is capable of stepping into the a Head Chef role after a few months of training. This role would suit both an enthusiastic Sous Chef eager for a new challenge or a current Head Chef looking for a chance to grow an already thriving business.
You will be working briefly under a passionate Head Chef in delivering a fresh high end product with a rustic farmhouse, British countryside feel. Your main duties will include being responsible for all the junior members of staff, all food preparation, kitchen management, ordering, GP control, ongoing staff training, the cleanliness of the kitchen, growing the venues GRI and turnover.
We offer a competitive salary with attractive live in accommodation and good working hours for the industry (around 48 hours per week increasing during busy periods) but you must be flexible, weekends are the businesses peak times and extra hours are sometimes required. We offer good career opportunities, networking and give any training necessary to further your career.
What we offer our Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 48 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Chef;
We are looking for an existing Head chef or Senior Sous Chef looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
Follow us @youngspubspeople on Instagram & Facebook!
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: WS189374SheHC