A delightfully eclectic pub, tucked away in a sweet street of Kentish Town. A cosy pub, complimented by two wonderful gardens, ready to use all year round. A passionate team ready to serve the finest British seasonal food, premium wines and spirits, and a beer range to suit anyone’s palate! The Lion & Unicorn is led by one of our company's best Head Chef & General Manager partnershps, and is a great place to start of develop your career in the hospitality industry.
What we offer our Head Chef;
- Alongside your General Manager – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £36k per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 45 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
- Good bonus scheme
What we look for in a Head Chef;
We are looking for an existing Head Chef or Senior Sous looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Head Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your General Manager you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: J.130357KenHC