Hope and Anchor – Brixton
Nearest public transport – Clapham North, Brixton
Join your new family at The Hope and Anchor, right between Clapham & Brixton we are the perfect location for events and parties all through the week. Newly adopted by Young's we love any excuse for a party and bring it home in style every Friday and Saturday with DJ'S and cocktails inside and out. We serve burgers & pizzas all day and haven't met anyone who doesn't love our massive beer garden with its own tequila bar and amazing tiki huts. We focus on customer service and ensuring everyone has an amazing night out or relaxed Sunday with our records and roasts. We are looking for Head Chef enjoys creating innoative bar food that will wow our guests and maintain our high standards.
Our offer to our new Head Chef
- Head Chefs get to have full autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £30,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 48 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Head Chef;
This role requires someone that can inspire a team, to bring out the potential and lead by example whilst being able to develop, cost and produce fresh seasonal menus for the variety of revenue streams within the business.
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food either as a Head Chef or in the position of Sous Chef.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team
- Be an active hands-on team player with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
Follow us @youngspubspeople on Instagram & Facebook!
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: LM234466BriHC