Chequers Inn, Ferry Road, Hanham Mills BS15 3NU
We’ve been working hard over the last couple of months revamping the pub and bringing it up to the standard this beautiful part of the world in South Gloucestershire deserves. We’re all about the good things in life: the best cask ales and craft beer, homemade food using seasonal, British ingredients, fine wines from around the world and an exceptional collection of craft gins. With our enviable spot perched on the edge of the River Avon, log fires, comfy sofas and heated terrace, you'll love working at this beautiful pub
Our offer to our new Head Chef
- Head Chefs get to have full autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £35,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 40-45 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Head Chef;
This role requires someone that can inspire a team, to bring out the potential and lead by example whilst being able to develop, cost and produce fresh seasonal menus for the variety of revenue streams within the business.
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food either as a Head Chef or in the position of Sous Chef.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team
- Be an active hands-on team player with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
- < Back to search
Job Ref: CB104401BriHC