The Old Ship needs you!
Our small but friendly & efficient team is looking for some extra hands. We're a cosy, traditional pub in the heart of lovely Richmond; less than ten minutes walk from the station, we're (very) dog friendly, we love beer, gin & hearty pub grub! The ultimate winter pub with warm, cosy fire places and a heated & covered back yard – a real gem. With the live sport on six screens & Twickenham’s rugby events just around the corner we are the social centre of the Richmond community. If you have an outgoing personality and like working in a fun, relaxed and friendly atmosphere with the best customers ever we might just be your place!
What We Offer Our Assistant Managers:
- Access to our Career Pathway and training and development courses
- Up to £11 per hour / possible Live-In
- 28 days holiday per year
- Flexible working hours
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Share Save Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
What we look for in an Assistant Manager:
We are looking for a motivated & experienced Assistant Manager to join and lead our team in our pub. As the successful Assistant Manager you will have a genuine passion for exceptional customer service and a pro-active approach to team management. You will be enthusiastic & driven to continue the success of our pub and play a pivotal part in training our team to ensure they have the knowledge needed to delight our customers.
You'll love working here if....
- you have a genuine passion for warm, friendly service & making people happy!
- you're keen to learn more about wines, beers & spirits (especially gin)
- you like working within a small, tight-knit & diverse team, but are equally comfortable taking initiative & being independent
- you're interested in developing a career in hospitality; Youngs has an award-winning training & development program to help you progress
And we'd love you to work here if....
- You've got a big ol' smile & you're not afraid to use it
- You're punctual & reliable
- You're flexible with when you work & are available evenings & weekends
Sounds like your cup of tea (or gin... did we mention we like gin?)? Apply here!
Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs. If you’d like to be part of our team, then apply now!
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”
Apply for this role
- < Back to search
Job Ref: OS225264RicAM